Motor City Hot Girl online

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Thank You Coretta!


Mrs. Coretta Scott King
April 27, 1927 - January 31, 2006.

Mrs. King passed away from terminal ovarian cancer. I know far too many sistahs that have died from ovarian cancer including two in my own family. Any literature you find on it will tell you that Black women have a lower risk. DO NOT believe that sistahs! Demand the blood test for it during your yearly pap smear. Once you have symptoms it's almost always terminal. One more thing, why don't Sistah's admit it when they have Ovarian cancer? Is it shameful?

They don't make women like Coretta anymore, especially BLACK women like her. She was in a class all by herself. I'm really getting dismayed with my people. I read Dick Gregory's autobiography this weekend called "Nigger". It was astonishing. Back then people like Dick and Coretta had fire in their belly and purpose. We don't have people in our midst like them anymore. We think because we have a degree hanging on wall and a Cadillac in the driveway we've made it NOT! Racism is alive and well, but no one cares. All we care about what celebrity is screwing who, who 50 is beefing with, the latest Jordans, getting our drink on, aquiring more debt. I'm talking about myself too so don't get it twisted. I make myself sick sometimes and ya'll make me sick too!

I'm out!

Holla!

Posted by Shawn :: 8:23 PM :: 0 Hollered

Holla At Yo Girl!

---------------oOo---------------