Motor City Hot Girl online

Monday, October 24, 2005

I'm On A Soap Box

I’m on a soap box this evening sistahs and bruthas.  Something has been on my mind since the weekend.  When I was in the salon catching up with my family, we started talking about some young folks we know who are knowingly exposing themselves to STDs.  I’ve been trying to process this and trying to understand THEIR rationale.  Why in the year 2005 would be expose themselves to AIDS, Chlamydia, Syphilis, gonorrhea, etc?  I think I know the answer.  It’s self-esteem, period!  Why else would you let someone that your are not in a monogamous relationship with hit it raw?  I know mistakes happen and we all fall short in the heat of passion, those moments aren’t what I’m talking about.  I’m talking about our young sistahs (some old ones too) that put their very lives on the line because they are afraid to tell a man to wear a condom.  Detroit has the highest STD rate in the country, it’s some flat out nasty folk here.  Black women have the highest rate of HIV infection in the country and it’s just not the DL bruthas that’s giving it to us, it’s the flat out hoe’ish ones too.  Here are some things that our community needs to do to stem this problem.

  1. Start taking our kids to church again.  Kids today have no moral base.  

  2. We need to tell and show our daughters that we LOVE them.  That way they don’t have to look for it in the streets.  Most of these young girls out here buck wild have issues with their mothers.

  3. We need to talk about sex with our kids.  Arm them with knowledge.  

  4. Set high expectations for our kids and reward them for meeting them.  Don’t just dangle the proverbial carrot before their nose.

  5. Know your kids friends!  This is very important, they have a huge influence over them.

  6. Pray!

I truly believe that our community has become way too casual about sex and it’s killing us.  We need to get back to basics here folks.  I wish I knew what I know now when I was younger…LOL.  I heard someone that everyone you sleep with becomes part you and I believe it.  Think about it, sperm carries the cells of life.  You pick up that persons traits, good or bad, it’s a merging of the spirit.  I guess that’s why GOD intended sex to be for marriage, because you truly do become one.  I know I’m might be going deep on this one, but somebody out there hears me.

Posted by Shawn :: 6:08 PM :: 3 Hollered

Holla At Yo Girl!

---------------oOo---------------